philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

i get sh*t done

I received an award!


No, really. I totally ripped it off of Hyperbole and a Half, because I, quote, manage to work and email and take care of kids and not kill [my] plants, unquote.  I'm cool that way.

Of course, that's exactly one plant that I haven't managed to kill, but it's been a couple years; that's a record, and worth mentioning.
Notice that there's actually 3 plants in this picture? Well, it's from 2008 and the only one still alive is the big one on the right, under the red lantern in the window. Uh-huh.
Stop looking at the dust on my lantern. It's OLD. Old things get dusty.  Get used to it. I'm a working mother. Times are hard.  Don't you get it?!
And on the 'taking care of kids' part, Johnny does an awful lot of that. I do my fair share, but let's be real; I've got a 'daddy's girl', and the 'mommy's boy' is more and more obligation the closer he approaches to full-blown puberty. I am, after all, the only one screaming bloody murder when he leaps over the back of the 100-year-old couch and swings the broom around like a sword (daily, uh-huh).  No one likes a screaming maniac with nails longer than yours.

No comments: